Classroom Policies, Rules and Expectations
These rules and policies are in addition to those described in the student handbook. Any violation of these rules will result in the disciplinary actions described in the handbook.
- School rules, policies and expectations are designed to help students learn, be provided a nonthreatening environment to learn in and keep all students safe. It also teaches students how to obey laws in society.
- Come to class on time. Standing outside the door and rushing in after the bell has begun to ring will constitute a tardy. You must be INSIDE the door when it begins ringing to be counted on time. Three tardies are equivalent to one unexcused absence. Each student will be given a “clean slate” at the beginning of each marking period. A pass signed by a teacher or the office will be the only excuses accepted for being late.
- Absences: A student is allowed 3 absences per marking period (9 weeks), anything beyond that and you jeopardize losing your credit for each class you are absent for more than 3 times! Remember, if you are absent for a doctor or court appearance, you need to bring a note from the doctor or court. (This is to be turned into the office.)
- Breaks: Attend to personal needs before coming to class. Restroom/breaks during class will be at teacher discretion.
- Remain in your assigned seat unless you have permission to get up. Throw scraps away at the end of the period on your way out. Interruptions during lecture and activities are disruptive and impolite.
- Electronics: There are to be no cell phones, MP3 players, or any electronic devices to be used in this classroom unless permission is given. Make sure your cell phone is off during class. NO TEXTING is allowed during class. If you are caught texting during class, your phone will be taken from you.
- Be responsible. Bring required materials every day unless otherwise directed, and do your work to your best ability. You are expected to try your best. I do not expect perfection, just TRY!
- Be respectful. Use polite speech and body language. Unkind teasing and impolite behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. No PUT DOWNS either in class, the hallway, or the lunch room.
- No gossiping and/or drama
- Homework: I do not generally assign homework unless it is a special project. There are some exceptions to this, and will be at teacher discretion.
- No food or gum in class, unless it has been approved the teacher
- If you have questions in the Transition room, or in the general education classroom or lunch room, always ask. Mrs. Hawkins, Mrs. Jennifer, and Ms. Murri are here to help you succeed. Do not go to the school counselor without contacting one of us first.